Wednesday, February 20, 2013

August 4, 2012

I'm going back to August 4th for my 2nd official blog post.

(WARNING: The following blog post is going to be incredibly cliche, mushy and involve a ton of pictures.) Consider yourself warned.

August 4th was the absolute best day of my life. I married my best friend, my rock and the love of my life.

We chose August 4th for one big reason, it was not during any major sport season. I always hear the saying "a girl dreams of her wedding day from the time she could walk, think, dream... etc." That wasn't the case for me. I didn't dream about my wedding until I met James. I did not have the normal infatuation with wedding details until we were dating. So the day James popped the question, May 28th, 2011 is the day I started planning my wedding, apart from the random pins on Pinterest I had before our engagement. My mom was such a major help to me during this time. I could not have done it without her, literally.

So without further rambling, here are the details of my special day through the eyes of our amazing photographer Mr. John Bolton.
 

Hair & Make-Up

 All the girls met at my parents house to get ready. Some of my best memories with these girls are from this morning. We giggled like we were kids again and danced and played. The tears started early when Ashley walked in the door crying but we quickly had that taken care of and we were all laughing again.








Going to the Chapel


 It was pretty much mass chaos for about an hour in the bridal suite.


 {Green Bay Packers, of course}

 {Flower Girls}

 {My Sweet Parents}



  
{The handkerchief that I gave Mema on our wedding day.}
 





 The Details


  The white tubs (from Lowes) held bottled water with our special monogram on the label. One of my bridesmaids and I made the vinyl letters to go on the tub with her Cricit machine.  We definitely needed that water because it was August in the south and it was H-O-T! We used a photo book from Snapfish for our guest book and I made the card box out of a photo box from hobby lobby and scrapbook stickers.


The Ceremony


 James was a football player and I was a cheerleader so we had to take pictures that reflected that!
 



I have never felt as loved as I did on my wedding day, not only by my husband but by everyone who came to support us. I will cherish the memories from this day forever.

Maybe I will reminisce on all of the fun that we had at the reception in my next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment